有些人英文程度不錯,但在面試中,卻常出現「文法對、語感錯」的句子。雖然聽得懂,卻讓人覺得不太自然,而會出現這些錯誤並非英文不好,而是太習慣用中文思考。來看6個常見的例子。
1.我很負責任。
(X)I’m a responsible person.
我們常說「我很負責」,但英文若直接說I’m a responsible person會很像作文。面試時,更有力的是用行為證明,而非幫自己貼標籤。
可以改說:
- I take ownership of my work.
- You can count on me to follow through on tasks.
2.我工作認真,且學得很快。
(X)I’m very hard-working and learning fast.
Hard-working和learning fast聽起來很空泛,比起形容詞,面試官更想聽你怎麼學、學了什麼,以及應用在哪裡。
可以改說:
- I’m quick to pick up new tools and processes.
- I stay curious and keep improving.
3.我畢業於台大,主修商業管理。
(X)I graduated from NTU, majoring in Business Administration.
Graduated是一個「事件性」的動詞,表達的是「我已經完成了某件事」。Studied、majored in、received a degree in更適合描述背景與專業領域,改用I studied或是I earned my degree from會更自然。
可以改說:
- I studied Business Administration at National Taiwan University.
- I received my B.A. in Business from NTU.
4.謝謝你給我機會。
(X)Thank you for giving me a chance.
中文說「請給我機會」會讓人顯得真誠,但在英文中說出這句話,反而會讓你看起來像是沒準備好,只是在拜託人。美式商業文化重視「你能帶來什麼價值」,而不是「我很需要這份工作」。
可以改說:
- I’m excited about the opportunity to contribute to your team.
- I believe this role aligns with my strengths and experience.
5.我很好相處。
(X)I’m very easy-going.
Easy-going在商務英文裡不夠明確,甚至可能被解讀為「隨便、不上心」。可以試著用更具體的詞,表達你與人合作的優勢。
可以改說:
- I’m collaborative and easy to work with, even under pressure.
- Colleagues say I help create a calm and focused atmosphere during projects.
6.我沒有經驗,但我願意學。
(X)I don’t have experience, but I’m willing to learn.
面試英文的核心不是說對話,而是說出你想讓人記得的話。直接說「我沒有經驗」只會讓人記得你沒做過,要把焦點轉到你的學習能力或可轉移技能,用實例建立信任。
可以改說:
- While I haven’t done directly, I’ve done something similar — and I learn quickly.
- I’m confident I can get up to speed quickly, as I did in [specific example].
責任編輯:倪旻勤
核稿編輯:陳瑋鴻